Sunday, September 14, 2008

sarah palin is a fake feminist

It's been over ten days since Sarah Palin began running for the position of Vice President. At first I thought it was a cruel joke but now I see the joke's on me. America is rapidly becoming a country I never heard of. And if I hear one more woman telling me that Palin is a feminist, I might have to punch her out. 
Palin is a feminist the same way that I am a vegetarian, which given the fact that I eat some kind of meat probably every day, is a lie. The only thing Palin has in common with real feminists is that she believes in women's right to the vote. Otherwise, she is a throwback, a woman who wants to take away a woman's right to choose, a woman who believes in creationism (Eve sprung from Adam's rib?) and wants it taught in schools. She is also a hateful woman who thinks that being gay makes you unfit to serve in the military (or probably in public schools) and that if gays just prayed a little harder, they'd be straight Christian evangelists like her, too. 
Smarter writers than me have been going over this same material for days. I fear it's like preaching to the choir. No one person has so polarized females in the United States than Sarah Palin. I've always been amazed at how many women I know choose to believe in lies. I know women who embrace husbands who lie to them about their fidelity and their finances. I know women who choose to pull the wool over their eyes about their children and what those children are up to. I've always been amazed at the power of hypocrisy and now we have a living, breathing, completely fabricated liar who is poised perhaps to become vice president. Instead of focusing on the issues, so many Americans would rather discuss Palin's glasses. And by the way, they're fakes, too. The New York Observer reported that Palin had lasik surgery some time ago. Her glasses, which like her trailer trash backwoods hair do, are a carefully crafted part of her image, are for show only. They're plain glass. No prescription. 

No comments: