Monday, July 28, 2008

knolin' around

I'm starting to acquaint myself with this new Google feature on blogspot which is supposed to let the world know what i know as a published author. i suppose i should get busy and create a knol now but i'm not sure i will ever determine how to get back to it! in the meantime i'm resting on my laurels for a few minutes today after a Google alert let my husband know that i've been quoted this month in Italian Vogue! The very same issue with that big much talked about spread on Linda Evangelista! Well, well, well, it's a smidgen of the big time.
Still it was just the teensiest bit annoying when J.B. called me today to pick my brains again out with that lobster fork she calls her brain. "Do you make any money writing those little books?" she asked. "Do you just crank them out? How do you write so fast?" It's amazing how insulting one slightly chubby complaining aging moderately rich woman can be in under 30 seconds. 
Am reading a wonderful old novel right now by Doris Lessing. Doris is 88. Wonder how many more books she's got in her.

No comments: