Wednesday, July 16, 2008

thriling

Incredibly i see the end in sight writing my latest book. Cheers! To celebrate, today i took a long ride in the woods on my pony, Buttons, who is the great 4 legged love of my life. I love my dogs Gigi and Basil, and my cats Leo and Jesus, but Buttons and I have an entirely different story. For starters, i ride him. He carries me on his back. This is profound, really.
In the woods we came across a startling sight that in all my years in Bedford, I've never seen. Three bucks, two with huge racks, traveling together in thicket near Beaver Dam. Now all these years I've been under the impression that once they got old enough to grow antlers, guy deer shun each other's company unless they're fighting over some dame, er, deer. A female deer. A doe. Doe, a deer, as the song from "The Sound of Music," says. But these three great big guys were all hanging out together. 
"It's a stag party," one of my riding partners said. 
That sounds about right.

No comments: